Datsans were officially acknowledged in the Imperial Russia in 1734. By statute of 1853 were recognized 34 datsans: two in the Irkutsk governorate and others in the Zabaykalsky governorate. The first datsan in Europe was Gunzechoyney datsan. It was built in St Petersburg between 1903 and 1913 and started to operate on 21 February 1913.
Between 1927 and 1938 all 47 datsans, existed in Buryatia and Transbaikalia were closed or destroyed. In 1938-1945 no one datsan not worked. In 1945 was opened Ivolginsky datsan, several years later resumed his work Aginsky datsan.Only in 1991
were opened next 10 datsans.
«Иволгинский Дацан» на Яндекс.Фотках
«Иволгинский дацан» на Яндекс.Фотках
«DSC02099w.jpg» на Яндекс.Фотках